Location: San Francisco, CA
- Identifies and engages science or technology-based startup companies that would be a good fit for the Propel(x) venture capital community.
- Evaluates startup companies that apply to get-listed on the Propel(x) platform and assesses a level of applicants' scientific or engineering innovation.
- Manages operational processes of Propel(X) and optimizes day to day activities, such as implementing best practice cost reduction initiatives and initiatives to increase labor productivity.
- Implementation and optimization of PropelX's CRM systems and productivity tools, such as SalesForce or similar.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal business regulations and ensure proper administration of business activities.
- Tracks weekly company performance and assist in the ongoing reporting to leadership.
- Develops corporate goals serving the long term and short term goals of the company.
- Responsible for customer engagement communications between our venture capitalist community, company partners, and clients.
- Ensures accurate and timely communications between all parties involved.
- Assesses a significance of applicant's proof of concept and its ability to mitigate technological risks. Once a candidate is accepted (published on the Propel(x) platform), the Business Operations Specialist engages with the startup in order to understand their business and core scientific discovery and perform due diligence.
- Communicates the assessments to the Propel(x) venture capitalist community and to Propel(x) business partners in order to help them make partnership decisions.
- This position does not involve the management, planning, or coordination of company finances. Propel(X) is an intermediary between investors and startups.
Required Education: Master’s Degree in a technology-based or scholarly or scientific field.
Required Skills: At least ONE (1) year in the job offered, or ONE (1) year of industry-related experience in the following:
- Operational and project management for an early-stage startup based on life sciences or technology;
- Technical, scientific communication with investors, clients, and company partners;
- Experience with design and development of scientific devices; and
- Laboratory research AND experimental design.
To apply: Please forward applications via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please indicate the position title Business Operations Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only be able to contact individuals being invited for an interview. No agencies please.