- This event has passed.
QSBS Tax Exemption Education Webinar
September 9, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PDT
Did you know that when an individual receives stock in the company—whether it is a founder who gets founder stock, an employee who exercises stock options, or an investor who purchases preferred stock, they may potentially eliminate tax on all or a large portion of their gain when they sell. Many startup founders who are unaware of the existence and benefits of QSBS may be missing out on potential savings.
While startup equity can qualify for long-term capital gains, certain rules allow investors to go a step further and can qualify for an even more preferential U.S. tax treatment e.g. potentially up to 100% tax-free gains subject to certain conditions.
Join us in a panel discussion where we discuss the golden circle model – what, how and why of QSBS Tax Exemption for both investors and founders.
A few topics which we addressed were
- What are QSBS securities? Why are they important to investors?
- Important factors when determining if an offering is indeed eligible for QSBS securities
- Why should startup founders care about QSBS and what do they need to know?
- Where does QSBS stand from a regulatory perspective and should we expect any changes in the coming years?
- What are some of the things an investor should consider when he/she has QSBS rollover funds
- Audience Q&A
When: September 9, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Location: Your Desktop
This meeting is for informational purposes only. It is not a solicitation or offer to purchase or sell any security, nor should this information be construed as advice for investment decisions.
We do not provide tax advice. You should consult your personal tax advisor for any tax related questions.
Private investments are highly illiquid and risky and are not suitable for all investors. Investments in early-stage private companies should only be part of your overall investment portfolio.