The Evaluation Process: Helping Angel Investors and Startups Connect
What is the Evaluation Process?
Every investor is encouraged to thoroughly evaluate a startup before investing. But where to begin? We are here to help. The Propel(x) Evaluation Process is based on best practices of leading venture capitalists and angel investors. By participating, investors are helping companies create the analysis all investors need in order to make the decision to invest!
Who’s involved in the Evaluation?
Investors get to ask the hard questions
Fundraising startups answer investor questions and refer affiliated evaluators like their customers and scientific advisors
Experts referred by investors and Propel(x) answer investor questions
When does the Evaluation happen?
If investors want to learn more about a company all they have to do is hit "Follow". Investors can show their interest even more by asking a question. When 12 investors are following a startup, the Evaluation process begins.
Where does Evaluation happen?
Investors can visit the Evaluation tab to stay on top of what’s happening in the process, ask questions, view answers as they come in, and refer experts. Startups, their customers and scientific advisors, and third-party experts have access to their own Evaluation page to answer investor questions and share views on the market and competitors.
What’s the Cost of Seeing the Evaluation Results?
We believe it’s vital that investors thoroughly understand a startup and the technology and market risks associated with it before making the decision to invest. Evaluation Results are therefore free for all investors!
- Investors submit business and technology questions to Management, Customers, Scientific Advisors, and Experts
- Investors refer expert contact(s)
- Investors watch company webcast
- Investors submit market size estimates
- Investors submit competitor names
- Participating evaluators (Management, Customers, Scientific Advisors, and Experts) answer investor questions
- Participating evaluators submit market size estimates and competitor name(s)
- Management provide rebuttals to expert insights
- Investors review responses/rebuttals from evaluators
- Investors review market size estimates
- Investors review competitor names
- Investors view list of participating evaluators
- Investors invest in the startup!